East Sussex CCG has an agreed strategic approach to maintain safe and effective safeguarding and Looked After Children services and to strengthen arrangements for safeguarding children and adults at risk from abuse and neglect across Sussex.
We are required to demonstrate how our strategic and assurance arrangements enable us to carry out the duties and functions specified under the Care Act (2014) and the Children and Social Work Act (2017).
Safeguarding is a key priority for us, and we have an extensive and wide reaching approach which includes:
- Clear systems to train staff to recognise and report safeguarding issues;
- A clear line of accountability for safeguarding and Looked After Children, reflected in our governance arrangements and overseen by NHS England;
- Arrangements to work with local authorities through our Safeguarding Children Partnerships and Safeguarding Adult Boards;
- Arrangements to share information between service providers, agencies and commissioners;
- Designated doctors and nurses who are responsible for safeguarding adults, children and looked after children;
- A child death review team, who are responsible for reviewing deaths in childhood, including nurses and a designated doctor.
East Sussex Safeguarding Children Partnership and Safeguarding Adult Board
The East Sussex Safeguarding Children Partnership is a multi-agency group involved in promoting the welfare of children and young people in East Sussex.
The East Sussex Safeguarding Adults Board works to empower and protect vulnerable adults in East Sussex.