The NHS Sussex CCGs’ Public Involvement Team has been reshaped in response to the current emergency situation to become the Covid-19 Community Connectors Team, part of the wider Sussex Health and Care Partnership Communications response team. The team will ensure that our people and communities across Sussex get the right information, and are able to ask questions and give feedback about their experiences of health and care services at this time of crisis.
The Covid-19 Community Connectors Team will:
- Link with our diverse communities, local groups and voluntary and community sector organisations, through existing and new relationships.
- Support the cascade of information from the government and Sussex wide forums, and about local sources of support.
- Ensure that people are able to access this information in the right format for them.
- Provide a place where questions can be raised, or issues faced in accessing health and care services – whether related to Covid-19 or not – can be reported. These will be answered, resolved or escalated where needed.
- Work closely with partners including Healthwatch, local authorities, District and Borough councils, NHS providers and voluntary and community sector organisations to ensure people receive the support and information they need in a coordinated way.
You can ask us a question, raise an issue or tell us about your experiences by contacting us using the below details:
Telephone: 01273 238725
Deaf British Sign Language (BSL) users can use a Video Relay Service (VRS) called SignLive (a free app which connects deaf people to a qualified British Sign Language Interpreter before connecting you to one of the Community Connectors Team). This service is currently available every Thursday from 14:00-16:00. Please contact the Community Connectors using the details above if this is not convenient.